About My Blog

I created this blog to help share ABBA information with other fans and to show off my new collection items :)


Please note: Collection item photos are from my own personal collection. These are not stock photos. If you wish to use any of my photos elsewhere, please have the courtesy to ask first - Thank you :)

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Inventor Of ABBA Logo Passes

Rune Söderqvist, inventor of ABBA's iconic logo, passed away last week after a brief period of illness.
Rune was aged 79.

As the inventor of the timeless ABBA logo and the designer of every ABBA album sleeve 1976–1986, as well as the stage set on the group’s tours of 1979 and 1980, Rune was tremendously important for ABBA’s visual presentation.

Rune can be seen in Carl Magnus Palm's documentary 'ABBA: Absolute Image' talking about the album cover designs.

He will be sadly missed.


 
ABBA: Absolute Image:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4YL2rs3m4Y

No comments:

Post a Comment